Friday, December 24, 2010

Fun On Wheels

I had the opportunity to take the kids roller skating earlier in the week. There's a skating rink in town that has a preschool class on Thursday mornings for only $5! The kids get some time to skate on their own and then there is a short 30 minute class. The teacher taught the kids how to fall, how to get back up, and how to march on their skates. A few moms in my MOMS Club also went, and it was fun to have some buddies there to share in the fun. I was a little nervous about having two kids on skates, so I decided not to wear any myself (which was probably a very good idea since I haven't been on skates since I was 10!). Delia had a pair of fisher-price skates that she wore over her shoes and let her march on the floor. John Grayson actually more real roller skates, but they slow down the wheels so it's easier for the little ones to keep their balance. J Gray was initially a little leery, but he took to it quickly and didn't even want to hold my hand! Delia was fearless, as usual, and did a better job skating than most of the big kids! This is definitely an activity that we'll try again very soon :-)

In their skates and ready to go!

Delia was eager to skate with the big kids!

J Gray loved playing with the balls at the end of class!

Delia had so much fun during the skating class!

Look at him go! Skating all by himself!

No comments: