Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mastering the English Language

I'd have to say one of my favorite things about my son over the past couple months has been his exploration and interpretation of words. It all kind of started once he gave his sister her first nickname to 'mock' her. JGray started giggling to himself during dinner at El Paso, next thing we knew our daughter had the moniker, Quesa-Delia.

Pre-school has brought a couple new interpretations as well. When they were learning about their senses JGray informed us about the taste-butts that he had in his mouth. We asked him if he meant 'taste-buds'...but no, he informed us they are taste-butts, like the one on his bottom. We kind of let that one go.

We started letting JGray give the same prayer before dinner that he gives before snack at school. I guess I wasn't paying attention the first couple times, but I finally realized he was ending his prayers with Oh Man, instead of Amen. When I asked him about it he said, of course it is Oh Man Daddy, I am talking to Jesus and God aren't I? Hard to argue with that one.

While we are in the midst of the terrible 3's (whoever came up with terrible 2's never let their child age another year), these are the little things that make us smile.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I understand completely. My daughter insisted her name was Hartley Mitter for months. My threatening to take away her french fries (indefinitely) was the only thing that got her to change her mind.