Sunday, December 22, 2013

DC bound!  We took the big kids to DC for some big kid fun--museums and the ICE show at the Gaylord National hotel.  We even had a regular hotel room (2 queen beds with no separate room for the kids) which meant sharing beds, a new adventure for everyone!  Huge thanks to MaMa and Pop for keeping Henry warm at home :)




The ICE show at the Gaylord was well, COLD!  Freezing, to be exact.  They build these giant ice sculptures around a theme and you walk through.   This year's theme was "Twas the Night Before Christmas".  They give you parkas to wear (although I think we may have been happier in our own coats--note to self, wear two coats next time).  We bundled up in gloves and hats, but I think all of us would have been happier in 2 sets of gloves.  About half way through, I was convinced that I had frostbite on my fingers!  I was so glad that Henry wasn't with us because he would have been miserable.  They had an ice slide that we all enjoyed--the wait was a little long (and COLD!) but I got some good pictures of the fun.  After ICE we walked around the National Harbor area, ate dinner and saw the incredible Christmas tree.  Sharing beds (me and JGray, John and Delia) worked out well for me.  I guess Delia is a kicker in her sleep :)












And look who we ran into at the hotel!  JGray's sweet friend from school!


No comments: