Friday, September 19, 2008

The part of your head above your eyes

Earlier this week our son learned that he had a forehead, the hard way.

We had come back from a walk to the grocery and approached the garage to get back into the house. As I was entering in the code to open the garage door, I noticed John Grayson standing right up close to the door. Thinking nothing of it, I went along my business.

As the door started opening, I saw him staring very intently at its progress. As soon as it got above his eye level, he rushed into the garage.... not realizing that the door had to clear a few more inches to clear his entire head. He ended up knocking himself right down to the ground and fell into a state of hurt, confusion, and anger.

Allison and I had to muster all of our strength to not laugh and attend to our hard-knock child.

No comments: