Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Birthday

Last Tuesday was my 32nd birthday and I spent a fun and low-key day at home with the kids. The weather was nice in the afternoon so we were able to play outside and enjoy the sunshine. John and JGray made brownies for me over the weekend, and they were absolutely delicious! So delicious, in fact, that they lasted less than 24 hours :-) Just like last year, John Grayson was insistent that there be marshmallows for decoration. Luckily we were able to convince him to use them on only on his brownie.



I got a new camera for my birthday and have been using it to take lots of pictures. But because I gave up the downstairs laptop for Lent (where I store all of my pictures), I haven't been as good about uploading photos to the blog and Facebook. Sorry! I promise to get better soon.

John Grayson and Delia gave me the most wonderful card. Both of them drew pictures and JGray even wrote "Mom" on the envelope! Tears came to my eyes, it was so beautiful, and it's incredible to think that he's big enough to learn how to write! Funny story about the card. John made dots for the letters for JGray to trace, but apparently JGray couldn't decide which hand he liked to use more. John said JGray kept switching back and forth from right hand to left hand as he wrote the letters. Eventually he's going to have to decide!

Thanks to John for taking me to a yummy dinner at the Melting Pot last night and bringing sunflowers home from work. I am a very lucky lady!

No comments: